Bitcoin & Blockchain technologies are fuelling one of the fastest growing industries in the world. To kick off our series of events we will explore why blockchain technology – a truly open, distributed, global platform – will fundamentally change what we can achieve online, how we do it, and who can participate.
We are delighted to host our special guests Thomas Linder (MME) and Lukas Sieber (Greater Zurich economic agency) from Switzerland at our event. They will address how Switzerland has become a friendly business and regulatory landscape that is arguably the leading country hosting blockchain ventures and TGEs (including Ethereum, a venture that originated in Canada).
Thomas Linder has broad experience in advising Swiss and foreign companies in international tax matters. He is particularly specialized in leading inter-disciplinary projects in the context of acquisitions, corporate restructurings, and migrations and has in-depth knowledge in cross-border transactions and tax accounting.
He specializes in blockchain and TGEs (token generated events), also called ICOs. He will talk about how “Blockchain technology can design digital information units that contain elements of a property right (according to civil law concepts) to which an owner has direct and exclusive access that can be defended against third parties (right in rem). It contains the tools to program a unique set of information that attributes a property right and enables a secure and registered public transfer of the new type of digitally-defined property: Blockchain Crypto Property (“BCP”).” Read: https://www.mme.ch/en/magazine/magazine-detail/url_magazine/conceptual_framework_for_blockchain_crypto_property_bcp/
Lukas Sieber helps US businesses set up & grow in Switzerland’s economic and innovation center, the Greater Zurich Area (GZA).
Based in New York City, he leads a team of dedicated professionals based in various locations across the US. They assure a confidential and free advisory service, assisting companies in evaluating the GZA region for their expansion and relocation projects.
Before being named Executive Director North America he was GZA’s Head of Communications and executed and oversaw all corporate communications, marketing, media relations, PR, community relations and digital strategy.
If you have any questions for panelists and speakers, please feel free to post these here. We will collect these, pick the best ones and slot them in where possible.
Blockchains for Everyone! The Bitcoin and Blockchain Revolution.
- Welcome by Stefan McConnell from Gowling
- Purpose and Agenda with Manie Eagar and MaRi Eagar from DigitalFutures B.U.I.L.D.
- Lessons from Cryptovalley and Switserland with with Thomas Linder and Lukas Sieber
- Introduction to the BC Eco-System Initiative by Vicki Lemieux
- Crowdfunding meets ICO – Panel conversation with Chris Jensen, RightMesh, Sean Burke from FrontFundr and Denis Silva from Gowling – facilitated by Manie Eagar fromDigitalFutures B.U.I.L.D.
- Showcasing BC Talent: Disruptive innovations that are building bridges to the token economy – Drew Ogryzek from Vancouver Tech Podcast and Hackernest Vancouver Tech Social Interview with Matthew Unger, Qayyum Rajan and Piotr Piasecki from IComplyICO
- Close and announcement of next event Manie Eagar from DigitalFutures B.U.I.L.D.
Appreciation to our community co-organizers for Oct 16th
Angel Gonzales: Project Leadership: New Technology Implementation
Caroline Brown: Community and Events Organizer
Claire Gallant: Payment Advisor at BC FinTech Company
Drew Ogryzek: Software Engineer at “The Best Startup in The World, Founder and Host: Vancouver TechPodcast, Lead Organizer Hackernest Vancouver Tech Socials